Thursday, July 8, 2010
Another place to grow
This summer has really become a packed schedule for me. There is school 3 days a week, pick up soccer games, basketball twice a week along with ultimate frisbee. Some where between changing out of sweaty clothes and finishing sketches for class, I have also found the time to take on an internship 30 minutes outside of Atlanta.
Serenbe Photography Center (SPC) is a newly up and running print studio open to photographers of all ranges. Offering traditional color, and black and white printing, as well as digital, the center is a gem right on the outskirts of our thriving city of.
The opportunity for my position arose last year when I first got word of the center's opening. I was offered the internship by a wonderful connection to Katherine Kolbe, through my father. With such a great opportunity put in my reach, I instantly accepted.
I am now working as a part-time intern/ lab tech at the center. This opportunity has given me first hand knowledge and experience with printing equipment, as well as connections with fellow photographers/ artist.
Although it's quite a drive, and there is no income from it, SPC plays a great role in this point of my journey. Much of my work has come from working at the center, and as I spend more of my time at the studio dedicated to my portfolio... the more you shall see.
-PEACE&LOVE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
"Day of shoot" Some time ago I did a photo shoot for an artist by the name of Wiggs of Knovic Recordings . Wiggs is an...
-
This summer has really become a packed schedule for me. There is school 3 days a week, pick up soccer games, basketball twice a week alo...
-
So, about 2 weeks ago I cracked open a package from UPS. The inside held my new D90 Nikon. A nice little upgrade from my old school film cam...
-
I love to see people around me aiming for success. Individuals aiming to get ahead of the game, by doing what they love. It's Awesome! S...
-
I love using flowers as a subject for my photos. They are some of the easiest things to photograph. 1) They don't sass you like some fas...
-
The other night I decided to go out and show a little appreciation to writers who have stopped through my neighborhood. Anyone who lu...
-
Wiggs Malcolm Parson Kevin Thomas Special guest Jazmin Yvonne CDs and Signatures Backstage Poop ...
-
I recently did a far from serious interview for Fresh.i.am for their confessionals series on their blog. For those who don't know Fresh....

No comments:
Post a Comment